- Dr Sibylle Scheipers (Director) (International Relations)
- Professor Guy Rowlands (Deputy Director) (History)
- Professor Ali Ansari (History)
- Dr Elizabeth Ashford (Philosophy)
- Dr Rory Cox (History)
- Dr Justine Firnhaber-Baker (History)
- Professor Phillips O’Brien (International Relations)
- Professor Sir Hew Strachan (International Relations)
Visiting research fellows
Apply to become a visiting research fellow
We will consider applications from both academics and practitioners to join the ISWS as a visiting research fellow (VRF), either for one semester or for the duration of an entire academic year. Applicants from an academic background are expected to hold a PhD in a relevant area.
The ISWS offers its VRFs access to a network of scholars and practitioners and exposure to rigorous debate and intellectual challenge. In practical terms, VRFs will be given access to a workspace and to the university library and its resources. They will also be welcome to attend a range of conferences, seminars and special lectures hosted by Schools in fields that interest them.
Applications can be made on a rolling basis. If you would like to apply for a VRF at the ISWS, please send a CV, a research proposal of max. 4 pages and an outline of how you would envisage to profit and contribute to the ISWS to email@example.com.
We cannot offer any funding to our VRFs, but we will support applications for external funding for candidates who have been admitted as VRFs.